The Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH.com) offers online CME programs to meet medical (physician) licensing requirements for communication, professionalism, and systems-based care.
These special licensing requirements include topics such as: medical errors prevention, medical ethics, risk management, patient safety, professional responsibility, cultural competency, pain management, infectious diseases (including HIV/AIDS), infection control, domestic violence, sexual assault, palliative medicine, end-of-life care, and universal precautions.
Our online CME programs meet almost all special state CME requirements:
- We have a national focus.
- We work closely with state regulators to monitor and comply with requirements.
- We are continuously expanding our course library.
Our online CME courses are enjoyable:
- We emphasize interactive, self-paced learning.
- See how physicians rate and comment on our courses.
- We have been successfully developing online CME since 1997.
Our site is convenient:
- Everything is online and available 24/7.
- We keep track of your progress. You can start and stop when you wish.
- Specialty training is not necessary to participate in any program.
- The courses will help you easily meet CME needs in topics related to communication, professionalism, and systems-based care.
Our CME programs are high quality:
- We use an evidence-based approach.
- All courses are reviewed and sponsored for CME credit by academic centers and professional societies.
- The site is physician owned and supported by its subscribers.
- All evaluations and comments are always available.
- Our staff regularly publishes in the educational research literature.
VLH.com began providing online CME courses in May 1998. To date, physicians and other health professionals have earned 179,021 hours of CME credit at VLH.com.
The Virtual Lecture Hall is owned by the Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of The University of Arizona, for its College of Medicine. The site does not accept advertisements and is supported primarily by fees from individual users and organizations that purchase site memberships. Some of our course development is supported by grants from federal agencies or health care organizations. VLH.com does not offer CME courses supported by educational grants from pharmaceutical or device companies.